The upgrade process
The Upgrade Process
It's easy! Version 2.0 will replace your existing copy of Armadillo. This means you won't need to recreate any pages which use Armadillo. But first, before upgrading:
- Make a backup of your project file.
- Make a backup of your current Armadillo stack (in case you ever might want to revert to the previous version).
Once you have backups safely stored in a separate location, you're ready to begin the upgrade process.
The upgrade process is really just three parts - install the new stack, re-publish all the files of your site, then upgrade the database. Below the process is described in more depth, step by step
- Purchase Armadillo v2.0 and download it via the link provided. A download link will also be emailed to you.
- Open the
Armadillo-v2.0.dmg file (it may be named differently), and double-click on the Armadillo.stack file within.
- RapidWeaver will automatically open and install the stack for you.
- RW Snippet Users - The provided .rwsnippet files also have been updated. Make sure you install the newest versions included with the download file.
- Open your project file that uses Armadillo. Make sure the correct database details are entered in stack settings.
- RW Snippet Users - Make sure to replace the snippets on your page, with the newly installed versions from Step 4 in the section above.
- In RapidWeaver's File menu select the "Mark All Pages & Resources as Changed" option.
- After that, select "Re-Publish All Files" from the File menu.
When publishing is complete, all the latest and greatest changes to Armadillo files should now be on your website. We still, however, need to upgrade the database. To do so:
- Visit the Armadillo page on your live website
- You should see a "Update is needed" message, or similar, with a "Continue" link underneath. Click on "Continue" and login to your Armadillo dashboard as an admin user.
- After logging in (wow, looks nice, right?!), you should see a notification at the top explaining that the database needs to be upgraded.
- Click on the "Update" button to proceed. When it is complete, navigate to the Settings tab.
- Click on the "Blog Options" section and specify the "Blog URL". Then, click on the "Save Settings" button, and logout.
At this point, you should be ready to start using v2.0 and take advantage of all the new awesomeness. Keep in mind the adjustments we mentioned earlier, which are summarized below.
After you've installed, re-published all files, and upgraded the database remember that:
- The Armadillo admin dashboard has a new location in version 2.0.
- You'll need to copy (not move) media files uploaded in Armadillo v1.x over to the new location after upgrading.
- Be sure to enter the Blog URL in Armadillo's Settings tab (under "Blog Options"), if you haven't already done so.